Here are the top ten shifts in perspective that can help you take your life to the next level. This article will help you to create the life you really want.
1. Give yourself permission to dream. You probably had no problem dreaming as a kid. What happened to your ability to imagine and dream about what you want and who you want to be?
2. Stop looking outside yourself for happiness. Look inside. Increase your self-awareness. Get curious about who you are at the core. Cultivate and nurture a relationship with yourself.
3. Cover the basics. Take the time to address your personal needs. How can you focus on thriving in your life if you are in survival mode? Set up that meeting with a financial advisor, get your space organized, clean up the details that are wasting your energy.
4. Embrace your past and move on. Do not linger on the “why it happened” but instead figure out what you want to do about it now. The question “why” is not a very empowering question. Instead, asking what or how I want to proceed can be much more powerful and produce a more productive result.
5. Remember that you are not alone. It is easy to feel overwhelmed with life. Seek support. Read more self improvement articles. They might help you figure about some things that are puzzling you.
6. Remember gratitude. Count your blessings. What is working right in you life? Make a list. Set aside a bit of time everyday to acknowledge what or who you are grateful for. The more you practice gratitude, the more you attract into your life things to be grateful for.
7. Court your passion. You still have your passions though it has been a while since you may have felt it flow. When are you the most alive and joyful in your life? Who do you most admire and what do they inspire in you?
8. Take action and take a risk. All the inspiration in the world is not enough to make you move your life to the next level. It takes inspired action to do that.
9. Keep breathing. Its easy to forget to take deep full breaths. We have all learned to constrict our breathing when under to stress. Remember, we not only need oxygen to stay alive, we also need oxygen to give us energy and keep us healthy.
10. Have fun. Call a friend, take a bubble bath, take yourself to an art museum or schedule a whole day out in nature. Put on some great music and dance till you drop.